BULL. SHIT! BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT! Houston has some of the worst stats of any city over 500k/1 million in the United States. Fastcompany, FIRE YOUR INTERNS!
Houston is highest in:
- Obesity (66%!)
- Child Obesity (CHILDREN!!, this includes child surgeries)
- Murder (10th in cities over 500,000!)
- Drugs (Houston is the distribution hub for all drugs that enter the United States: meth, crack, coke, heroin, MDMA, pot, etc.)
- Cancer (above all states and rising! Plus rising cancer mortality.)
- Air pollution (also here)
- Water pollution
- Radiation in water (Highest radiation in the nation. Worse, Houston city officials covered up the radiation, and lied to the EPA, see here.)
Shall I go on? I am so sick of Fastcompany’s crap “reporting”. “Oh goody, Houston’s got a gay mayor, so give’em a prize and ignore the scourge of highest rates of death, pollution, drugs, murder, etc. in the country.”
CITY OF THE YEAR: HOUSTON?
“We’re a diverse city of 2.1 million residents, with A-list universities, top museums, and the world’s largest and arguably best medical center. We have a vibrant business community and more Fortune 500 company HQs than any other city except New York, including food giant Sysco, Waste Management, and the expected oil-and-gas titans. Annise Parker became our mayor last year, making Houston the largest U.S. city ever to be run by an openly gay person. Yet we are often misperceived.”
There’s apparently more to Houston than many realize. Photo credit: Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau.