Does emailing your Representative work? YES! FTW
Wildlife Wins: Endangered Species Act Funds Restored!
Republicans and Democrats can’t find a whole lot to agree on these days. Well, today they did. Thirty-seven Republicans joined all but 2 Democrats to pass an amendment to the Interior appropriations bill (H.R. 2584) that preserves critical protections for America’s imperiled wildlife. The amendment—introduced by Rep. Norm Dicks (D-WA) and co-sponsored by Reps. Mike Fitzpatrick (R-PA), Mike Thompson (D-CA) and Colleen Hanabusa (D-HI)—strikes the “extinction rider,” a provision that would have increased the risk of extinction for imperiled species by blocking protections for new species under the Endangered Species Act.
How did this win happen? People like you emailed and called their representatives, that’s how. See my below post on the upcoming environmental regulation slaughter, and how you can write your rep.
Rep. Fitzpatrick (R-PA), who served as the only Republican co-sponsor of the amendment, said he received 400 calls and letters in opposition to the extinction rider from his constituents!
- tamaraleach reblogged this from climateadaptation
- hughearts reblogged this from climateadaptation
- sirene-nouvelle likes this
- queerkegaard likes this
- flamingocroquet reblogged this from speakerforthetrees
- mollyfamous likes this
- crookedindifference likes this
- reloveplanet reblogged this from speakerforthetrees
- speakerforthetrees reblogged this from climateadaptation
- katcameron reblogged this from climateadaptation
- realcleverscience likes this
- dobredobre likes this
- climateadaptation posted this