I’ve been warning y’all all month. This is serious business. There is an environmental regulatory slaughter coming, and you all need to step up and email your reps. See my previous posts:
- Enviro’s this is the story to watch
- BREAKING: GOP TO GUT ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS IN LEGISLATION BLITZ.
- BREAKING: HOUSE APPROPRIATIONS APPROVES FUNDING FOR NASA, NSF, NOAA. SLASHES BILLIONS. BANS CLIMATE CHANGE RESEARCH.
This is how you contact your representatives: How to contact your elected officials. I’ve included some tips and tricks in the above posts to help you write your emails.
Trust me, you’re going to be busy these coming months because you’re going to read about cuts to environmental programs that will absolutely enrage you. This is what you do: Stop your damn tumbling and whining and write an email:
Keep ‘em short. Keep ‘em hella tight. Most importantly, clearly demand the politician support your well versed case. If you send a rant or a hippie-dippy long-winded tome about mother earth’s dying soul, it will get deleted! Make every word count. No fluff. No philosophies. A politician does not care if you love bunnies, s/he cares if you love the bill that supports bunnies. Write about the bill. I usually fire off something like this to John Kerry and Senator Scott Brown:
Subject line: “From your voter”
Dear Representative/Senator ___,
I voted for you. You represent me. I oppose any and all GOP cuts to environmental regulations, such as preventing any new animals from being put on the Endangered Species list in HR 2584. I oppose similar riders to defund the EPA, and prevent money from going to Climate Change research. While I agree these programs need to be efficient, gutting their intent, suppressing science, and deleting the original legislation’s purpose does not meet that call.
Oppose the cuts, or we oppose you.
- bamboszpoetry likes this
- jewhamster likes this
- indianajosh likes this
- newanddifferentsun likes this
- katipeaking likes this
- ausetkmt reblogged this from climateadaptation and added:
- bijouxfrance likes this
- insurance0o0 likes this
- colesmarie likes this
- kaylanmarie likes this
- therealcillianmurphy likes this
- sadpoptarts likes this
- skogs-sjel likes this
- atarimcgregor reblogged this from climateadaptation
- therealscumbagsteve likes this
- therealscumbagsteve reblogged this from climateadaptation
- waycoolhacky likes this
- dendroica likes this
- terenceinmonochrome reblogged this from silas216
- reagan-was-a-horrible-president reblogged this from silas216
- reagan-was-a-horrible-president likes this
- sarahlee310 likes this
- silas216 reblogged this from climateadaptation
- silas216 likes this
- awesomeocelot reblogged this from climateadaptation
- missfluffykitty reblogged this from climateadaptation
- theweekmagazine likes this
- climateadaptation posted this