SEI is a solid source of environmental governance theory and solutions, including theories behind and application of adaptation. I’ve applied to various adaptation research positions at SEI over the years, but am consistently out-brained. Their staff are among the best researchers on the planet. Their annual report is different - beautiful and easy to read interactive. Well worth your time.
SEI is an independent international research institute. We have been engaged in environment and development issues at local, national, regional and global policy levels for more than a quarter of a century.
The institute was formally established in 1989 by the Swedish Government, and since then we have established a reputation for rigorous and objective scientific analysis in the field of environment and development.
Managing environmental systems: Growing populations, rapid urbanization and increased consumption put unprecedented pressure on land, water and air resources. Our research addresses how to manage these resources to enhance food security for our planet’s six billion people, to reduce the health impacts of air pollution and poor sanitation, and to protect ecosystem services through sound management of land and water resources.
Reducing climate risk: The goal of this theme is to contribute to a safer climate for all. We help design, develop and implement effective and fair strategies for adaptation and mitigation in developing and developed countries, taking into account the broader challenges and policy objectives of sustainable human development.
Transforming governance: Sustainable development is essentially about giving people the opportunity to build resilience by providing them with more options in their lives and livelihoods. We advance new insights into good governance for sustainable development in the face of social and ecological change.
Rethinking development: The global economy has brought prosperity to many in the world, but it has also depleted natural resources and vital ecosystem services. Our research shows the benefits of a low carbon future and describes how we can get there. We set out alternatives for sustainable futures, from the planetary scale down to local, on-the-ground solutions.
- spookyspinozason reblogged this from climateadaptation
- studio630 reblogged this from climateadaptation
- cattywampuscatherine reblogged this from climateadaptation
- some-places likes this
- ma22 reblogged this from climateadaptation
- jolly-dolly reblogged this from politics-r-us
- mutedtempest reblogged this from divergence-aloft
- shmalliander likes this
- watchingthenightsky reblogged this from climateadaptation
- butterfreid reblogged this from climateadaptation
- majam reblogged this from climateadaptation
- notafanofstripedcardigans likes this
- symphonies-of-a-storm reblogged this from climateadaptation and added:
- jeedgan likes this
- daualset likes this
- philcrow likes this
- bencourts reblogged this from climateadaptation
- bencourts likes this
- waterwitherin reblogged this from climateadaptation
- tobyanthonisz likes this
- libertado63 likes this
- break-downthewalls likes this
- andbravo reblogged this from climateadaptation
- theaccidentalblogger likes this
- nethernox likes this
- majam likes this
- aanitakesatumble likes this
- describingtheineffable likes this
- merakimind likes this
- liberalwithguts likes this
- ignatius-the-illiterate likes this
- bljln reblogged this from climateadaptation
- bljln likes this
- the-great-time-war reblogged this from climateadaptation
- humanenvironfactors likes this
- jimmyshimmy likes this
- kayteezee likes this
- mrkittyboy likes this
- mrkittyboy reblogged this from climateadaptation
- aulolamobile likes this
- samjam426 likes this
- thecollegetradingpost reblogged this from climateadaptation
- thansexual likes this
- spookyspinozason likes this
- nothingbutanswers reblogged this from climateadaptation
- nothingbutanswers likes this
- andybrwn likes this
- carrotsandcardio likes this
- safamallama reblogged this from climateadaptation
- maureensophia likes this