Climate adaptation in Congo. The boat at 2:25 is mesmerizing.
Uniting climate change adaptation and mitigation in the Congo Basin
Communities in the Congo Basin are heavily impacted by the twin threats of deforestation and climate change. Could a green belt around the village of Lukolela in the DRC help the local community adapt to climate change, while also bringing carbon reduction benefits?
The Centre for International Forestry Research’s latest project, COBAM aims to tackle these problems and create a synergy between climate change mitigation and adaptation through forestry projects in the region. CIFOR visits one community involved in the project in Lukolela, the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
More at CIFOR
- tawnisavage likes this
- lendlklein likes this
- alligatorsnest likes this
- humboldtoctober reblogged this from climateadaptation
- cynthiahasatumblr likes this
- rareharvest likes this
- ahoosieratheart likes this
- thislifeorthenext likes this
- ipauk likes this
- twentymile likes this
- galactic--cannibalism likes this
- wordsagainstchaos reblogged this from climateadaptation
- theapothecarysrose reblogged this from climateadaptation
- bmrgould likes this
- amysphoenix reblogged this from climateadaptation
- foxwithsocks likes this
- sweeteuthanasia reblogged this from climateadaptation
- climateadaptation reblogged this from ideatrotter and added:
- ideatrotter posted this