The UK public’s concern over genetically modified food has softened in the past decade, according to a new survey.
“Public concern over GM food has lessened, survey shows”
A quarter of Britons are now unconcerned by GM food, compared with 17% nearly a decade ago, when supermarkets debated whether to introduce GM products following widespread public opposition and attacks on GM test fields in the 1990s. The number of people “concerned” about GM has also fallen by 5%, said the Populus survey, commissioned by the British Science Association and published on Friday.
The poll comes as the EU prepares to vote on a Danish-led proposal to allow member states to ban the cultivation of GM crops on a country-by-country basis, with the UK concerned that the proposal will not achieve its aims.
- temporal-anomaly reblogged this from climateadaptation
- temporal-anomaly likes this
- comix likes this
- silas216 reblogged this from climateadaptation
- silas216 likes this
- 8100dy43d534 reblogged this from climateadaptation
- uv-catastrophe likes this
- pop-rocks-blowjob reblogged this from climateadaptation
- thisshouldbeallisons likes this
- gravity-rainbow likes this
- eldargis likes this
- writingcapital likes this
- worldsoul14 likes this
- fattyfalldown likes this
- sosungalittleclodofclay reblogged this from climateadaptation
- climateadaptation posted this