“Floods killed four people and prompted the evacuation of 1,500 others on Wednesday in the southern Russian province of Krasnodar, officials said, only weeks after a flash flood killed 171 people there.
Heavy rain overnight caused a river to burst its banks, flooding several hundred homes in the town of Novomikhailovsky and causing power outages in a neighboring town, the Emergency Situations Ministry said.
President Vladimir Putin, accused in the past of reacting too slowly to disasters, urged emergency officials to take all necessary measures to assist those affected.”
- sustainablecotton likes this
- oldparasitesingle reblogged this from climateadaptation
- oldparasitesingle likes this
- smile123dead likes this
- etheleato reblogged this from climateadaptation
- etheleato likes this
- evareena likes this
- whatshallwedo likes this
- sarahlee310 likes this
- aboriginalpressnews reblogged this from climateadaptation
- sweeteuthanasia reblogged this from climateadaptation
- climateadaptation posted this