Meet Tropical Storm Isaac.
The USAF Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft flying through Tropical Depression Nine this afternoon found tropical-storm-force winds, and the system is now upgraded to Tropical Storm “Isaac”.
It’s centered this evening over the central Atlantic Ocean about 500 miles east of Guadeloupe, moving toward the west.
The forecast track moves the center of Isaac through the central Lesser Antilles Wednesday evening, emerging over the eastern Caribbean Sea on Thursday. Tropical Storm Warnings and Watches continue for many of the islands of the northeast Caribbean.
Maximum sustained winds are 40 mph. Additional strengthening is forecast, and Isaac could become a hurricane on Thursday.
Get the latest on this storm, including watches, warnings, graphics and expected impacts, on the NHC website at www.hurricanes.gov
- kharmasampanda likes this
- theresamarg likes this
- dom72 reblogged this from climateadaptation
- dom72 likes this
- farmerinthedelll likes this
- oscarthegrouch likes this
- arexsowerr reblogged this from climateadaptation
- sosungalittleclodofclay reblogged this from climateadaptation
- zacapatista likes this
- gravity-rainbow likes this
- kennyjb likes this
- im-inc0herent reblogged this from climateadaptation
- climateadaptation posted this