sweeteuthanasia asked: What do you think is the cause of the drought happening across the Midwestern United States other than bad luck? We haven't had a summer this bad since 1988, I believe. I live in northern Indiana and my county has been declared a natural disaster zone due to the heat and drought that we are currently experiencing.
Cool bat avatar, btw. The current apocalypse
is caused by could be worse if it wasn’t for the current El Niño and a salt-shake of climate change. See here.
Let me try my new tactic on you - Think of climate change like a baseball player on steroids. You can’t really know which of his home runs were due to the juice. Same with daily events and seasonal weather (storms, heat waves). You can’t really know which storm or heat wave is due to the juiced up atmosphere. Either way, you know the ‘roids should be banned.
Make sense? What do you think of the baseball analogy? I think I’m going to pitch it to a magazine soon. Feedback.
- theycallmeheyhay likes this
- bronwynlewis likes this
- dolce-dolore likes this
- lendlklein likes this
- asymmetric-effects said: Yeah, it ticks me off when “madison liberals” (if I may call them that) knock around the “it’s hot, climate change”as much as the conservative “it’s winter, what climate change?”
- soyoyosays said: I actually really like that analogy, ha.
- dreamittolife likes this
- cazalis likes this
- nikastevens likes this
- buryyourselfinwords likes this
- framedinyellowwalls likes this
- ifilikeityoulikeit likes this
- theresamarg likes this
- diff-a-lot likes this
- hautdogg likes this
- eleganceovereverything said: what a great analogy.
- dendroica likes this
- olduvaigorge likes this
- ablindglass likes this
- my-little-kumquat likes this
- no-tension-in-your-dance likes this
- impulsivefarmer likes this
- climateadaptation posted this