Anonymous asked: What's your opinion on GMOs?
GMOs are perfectly fine. The evidence against using GMO crops is mostly based on technophobia and stretching the facts.
But, as I’ve written before, the problem with feeding people is distribution systems and weak political will.
- dolce-dolore likes this
- ezing likes this
- mylefthands likes this
- letpandasdie likes this
- international-nerd likes this
- bluntfudge likes this
- pauliorra said: Health effects of GMOs have been demonstrated over and over again to cause future generational defects. The farmers selling it are usually part of BigAgra; they control a large part of the food supply, which contributes to the distribution problem.
- litteraenimoccidit likes this
- genannetics likes this
- arquiteturadosambinha said: Oversimplification alert: The implications of GMOs go way beyond the direct health effects to those consuming them as food. Small ex: Big-ag oligarchy uses them to control access to farming and food. Technophobia can sometimes just be common sense.
- dobredobre likes this
- my-mockupblog likes this
- anthrojoyce said: I feel the same way, especially after I read a chapter on them in “Denialism: How Irrational Thinking Hinders Scientific Progress, Harms the Planet, and Threatens Our Lives” by Michael Specter
- anthrojoyce likes this
- leonrw likes this
- whatshallwedo likes this
- climateadaptation posted this