Now re-re-reading. Oh man, Langewiesche is one of the best writers around.
At Alang, in India, on a six-mile stretch of oily, smoky beach, 40,000 men tear apart half of the world’s discarded ships, each one a sump of toxic waste. Environmentalists in the West are outraged. The shipbreakers want to be left alone - and maybe they should be.
- naysarodriguez likes this
- adjustedlatitude reblogged this from climateadaptation and added:
- everbigger likes this
- yaztron likes this
- stuartinwashington likes this
- elusivemusings likes this
- climateadaptation reblogged this from tetw and added:
- tetw reblogged this from tetw and added:
- historicality likes this
- climateadaptation likes this
- davidquigg likes this
- bjax likes this
- tetw posted this