Tiniest state, Rhode Island, maps and zones the ocean - first in the U.S. and the world is watching. Zoning divides the uses of the state’s shores into areas devoted to wind turbines, climate change, ocean research, commercial, tourism, archeology, fishing, recreation, and economic development. No other state has zoned their shores, and the issue is very controversial.
Watch the video above, or click here for a presentation on the new map.
- icelandicbutterflies likes this
- roomthily likes this
- caaahlo reblogged this from climateadaptation
- collectandcollatethoughtdisorder reblogged this from climateadaptation
- soidreamtiwasastarfleetcommander reblogged this from thegreenliferi
- thegreenliferi reblogged this from climateadaptation and added:
- thegreenliferi likes this
- realcleverscience likes this
- climateadaptation posted this